Financial & Virtual Office Specialist (Remote)
This is a fully remote contract-to-hire position with the opportunity to become a full-time employee following a short contract period. This position is preferably East Coast based with capacity for 5-10% travel
Are you looking to be a part of a team with a purpose? EdConnective's mission is to transform education from the bottom up. We strongly believe that teachers and school leaders are the core technology in every classroom, and by helping them move from good to great, we can help ensure every student has access to a highly effective teacher. We are currently looking for a motivated Financial & Virtual Office Specialist to join our team.
Why You'll Love EdConnective...
- We Make A Difference - our partnerships directly impact both teacher and student outcomes and our inboxes are full of stories of this transformational education impact.
- We Work With The Best - Our mentors have built huge companies in the education space.
- More Tech, More Support - We use cutting edge technology to allow our team to spend less time on menial tasks and more time on strategy and selling.
- Flexibility & Balance - Unlimited PTO, normal business hours with limited travel.
- Benefits - Competitive base salary along with health, vision, dental and other benefits.
- We Care About Growth - Our entire team shares a growth mindset, and the ideal hire for this position will too. There is tremendous growth potential within the company, and we offer a variety of training and individual focused development plans to help you meet your goals.
What You'll Love and Learn To Do...
- Engage with the varying tasks associated with a high growth startup - emails, marketing copy, event planning, technical troubleshooting, grocery ordering, and more
- Work directly with our leadership team to help bring the EdConnective vision to life
- Streamline processes, establish yourself as a dependable resource, and manage virtual office operations to make us more effective as a team
- Research challenging problems and find compelling solutions to present options (and associated benefits and drawbacks) to the team
- Have an anticipatory approach - you don't solve problems, you prevent them
- Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and effective and responsive communication
- Take extreme pride in your work, you are passionate about creating an awesome employee experience, love crossing tasks off of a to-do list(s), and take the initiative to go above and beyond the role
- Are comfortable in a collaborative and dynamic work environment where team members are open, flexible, and adaptable to the needs of the organization
Growth Team Support
- Coordinate with teammates on request for proposal responses
- Assist with documentation and reporting for lead generation efforts within our customer relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Complete vendor registration requests from customers
- Engage with and support onboarding for new employees
Payroll / Finance Administration
- Ability to learn and use new platforms quickly including
- Google Drive, Quickbooks Online, SalesForce and Outreach.io
- Google sheets or excel for data entry and analysis
- Our time tracking system / application (training provided)
- Ability to stick to a strict schedule for payroll processing (twice per month)
- Ability to communicate in a customer focused way through phone with billing departments to track invoices and resolve potential payment issues
- High attention to detail and record keeping skills
Vendor Registration / Tax
- Ability to work with insurance companies, state or district licensing authorities and internal staff to fill out and submit registration forms in a timely manner
- Ability to complete a quick turnaround (24 hours) for registration forms where necessary
Ad Hoc Tasks
- Arranging company travel
- Hiring and onboarding support for our growth, success, and implementation teams
- Building company culture. We are looking for people ops people that will help us further define and build our culture at EdConnective
- Maintain confidentiality surrounding sensitive company information that interfaces with your role and job functions