This is a hybrid (70% work from home, 30% in person) contract-to-hire position with the opportunity to become a full-time employee following a short contract period. This position is based in the greater Richmond, VA area with a capacity for 5-10% travel
EdConnective's mission is to transform education from the bottom up. We strongly believe that teachers and school leaders are the core technology in every classroom, and by helping them move from good to great, we can help ensure every student has access to a highly effective teacher. We are currently looking for a motivated Executive/Personal Assistant to join our team to provide administrative support to our Chief Executive Officer.
Why You'll Love EdConnective...
We Make A Difference - our partnerships directly impact both teacher and student outcomes and our inboxes are full of stories of this transformational education impact.
We Work With The Best - Our mentors have built huge companies in the education space.
More Tech, More Support - We use cutting-edge technology to allow our team to spend less time on menial tasks and more time on strategy and selling.
Flexibility & Balance - flexible business hours with limited travel.
Employee Benefits - Competitive base salary along with health, vision, dental and other benefits.
We Care About Growth - Our entire team shares a growth mindset, and the ideal hire for this position will too. There is tremendous growth potential within the company, and we offer a variety of training and individual-focused development plans to help you meet your goals.
What You'll Love To Do
- Work directly with our Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help bring the EdConnective vision to life by completing a broad variety of administrative tasks including
- Managing an active calendar of appointments (business and personal)
- Completing financial requests including depositing physical checks and preparing reports
- Composing and preparing correspondence
- Editing and proofreading
- Arranging complex and detailed business and personal travel plans, itineraries and agendas
- Inbox and incoming call management
- Ensuring routine maintenance of home and vehicles
- Ad hoc shopping and errands - bills payable, groceries, office supplies, etc.
- Reviewing, scanning, and processing physical mail
- Liaise with CEO and internal team members, customers, and investors to filter requests and deliverables needed from the CEO
- Audit the prioritization of scheduled events and tasks to make the CEOs workflow and weekly schedule more efficient and productive
- Coordinate logistics and prepare documents, primers, and resources for meetings both internally and externally
- Establish yourself as a dependable resource; have an anticipatory approach - you don't solve problems, you prevent them
- Research challenging problems and find compelling solutions to present options
- Ability to conduct research and present data in a succinct and well-written manner.
- Organize and plan business and personal events, staff appreciation functions, and other initiatives including PR and networking
- Ensure regular touchpoints and follow-up communication with valued accounts, investors, and contacts
- Act as a public-facing representative where appropriate
- On-call in case of emergencies or a quick turnaround with the capacity for occasional weekend hours and nights
- Performs other ad hoc duties as assigned
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
- Five to ten years of providing support for upper-level management in a related organization is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, external partners, and investors
- Proficiency in GSuite, Excel, and other widely used software knowledge helpful; ability and willingness to quickly learn new software including Salesforce, Outreach.io, and others.
- Ability to work independently and with professional discretion
- Access to reliable transportation to complete tasks that require travel and office visits
- Excellent writing, editing, grammatical, organizational, and research skills
- Excellent management, time-management, and problem-solving skills
- Professional maintenance of confidentiality surrounding sensitive company information that interfaces with your role and job functions